[Or: Brian Steals His Ideas From The Head]
Writer’s block is the proverbial bitch. Let’s jack Travis Keller’s questions for people more notable and talented than I, shall we? I need something to fertilize my creativity.
1. What artist inspired you to create art?
Jimmy Page, Kurt Cobain, Ian MacKaye, Maurice Sendak, Shel Silverstein, Spike Jonze
2. What or who still inspires you to keep on keeping on?
Dawn, family, fucked up music, Anthony Bourdain, Hemingway
3. What would you rather be doing right now?
Playing my Amp Wall Of Doom deafeningly loud.
4. Give us your best recipe? Let us have it!
Roast Chicken: Get an organic chicken, soften 1 stick of unsalted butter and mix it with thyme, rosemary and garlic, shove half of said butter between skin and meat and the other half on the outside. Stuff the beast with fingerling potatoes, carrots and onions. Roast the fuck out of it for a few hours. Tear into the motherfucker with a glass of Sauvignon Blanc in the other hand.
5. How old were you when you lost your virginity and how’d it go?
Not too old, not too young. An I’m a dude, so of course I thought it went great.
6. What makes you cringe?
Terrorists like Glen Beck, Sarah Palin and Rush Limbaugh; terrorists like Brokencyde; Orange County residents; Anti-Choice ignorance, homophobes, McDonalds
7. If you could pick one super power and it had to be either being able to fly or being able to time travel, which would you go with? And what would you do first with your new found super power? Would you rally on the side of good or evil?
Flight. Have you seen Lost? Time travel is a pain in the ass and gives you bloody noses. I’d fly on a mad trip around the world, then I’d hand-deliver African people water, Toms Shoes, and home cooked meals.
8. Do you have hope for this new generation of kids who worship Lindsay Lohan, suck down TMZ, download music (and have never even owned one cd or lp) and fast food gobbling generation that is in their teenage years right now? Or are they a lost cause?
(In all fairness, Travis, I don’t think anyone worships Lindsay. And in fact, I feel quite sorry for her- she seemed like such a sweet girl in Mean Girls. Anywho…) Kids can find the cool shit and live on the side of right if they are determined enough. I know I did, even with being confined to the assfuck hellhole of Paso Robles for so long.
9. Tom Cruise… genius or psycho?
Does anyone think Cruise is a genius? He was in some killer movies, and his religion is and fucking batshit-crazier than anyone elses (Mormanism and Catholicism- I’m looking at you).
10. What in the world is affecting you right now?
Listening to Code Blue by TSOL. Sample lyric: “I wanna fuck, I wanna fuck the dead!”
11. Tom Jones or Neil Diamond?
Scott Walker > Neil Diamond > Tom Jones
12. What could you NOT live with out?
Dawn, guitars, fresh air, records
13. Give the internet some words to live by….
Live The Fuckin’ Dream