Yeah, it’s been a while. Not much going on ’round these parts. Heatwaves, fires, power outages, humidity… typical Southern California late summertime action. I’m contemplating growing a pre-wedding beard, but A)I look like a child molester when I have even the slightest semblance of facial hair, and 2)Dawn might kick my ass. Either way, my hair will be pretty long in the weeks leading up to the wedding, as my haircut schedule doesn’t match up to my marriage schedule. I refuse to get 2 haircuts in less than a month.
Last weekend of summer is all but here- I think I’m the only one in the entire office building, blogging like an asshole.
Shit I’m Into:
- This Monsters Of Folk Song. I don’t really know why. The melody’s nice, I guess?
- Ted Leo’s cameraphone in-studio recording diary. He’s the greatest. Get this man a record label!
- The Girls track Hellhole Ratrace. Fucking great.
- Beck Hansen interviewing Will Ferrell. Lots of SoCal inside jokez.
- Reading Ars Technica’s Detailed (with a capital D, to say the least) examination of Mac OS X 10.6. I’m only about 1/4 of the way through it though. TGIF, huh?
- Actual (vodka) Martinis. You know, with Vermouth and olives.
- Getting the fuck out of work a little bit early. I guess, seeya…